TO NAME A FEW …
Organizations We Appreciate
The premier service organization for philanthropy worldwide.
- Dorothy A. Johnson Center for Philanthropy
An academic center for philanthropic research and professional development.
- Nonprofit Finance Fund
A leading change agent for financing philanthropy.
- North Carolina Center for Nonprofits
The go-to service organization for North Carolina’s nonprofit sector.
The hub for nonprofit technology.
Tools and Guides We Recommend
- 4 Practical Steps to Creating a Logic Model
by Wilder Research that outlines the process and additional resources for developing a logic model.
- The Field Guide to Human-Centered Design
by IDEO.org provides resources and a free step-by-step guide to solving big problems with people at the core.
- Measure4Change Performance Measurement Playbook,
a helpful guide by Urban Institute for evaluation and monitoring in the nonprofit sector.
- Measuring Fundraising Effectiveness: Why Cost of Fundraising Isn’t Enough,
a resource created by BoardSource, along with the Association of Fundraising Professionals, BBB Wise Giving Alliance, and GuideStar.
- CASE Scaling Readiness Diagnostic,
a free tool to assess readiness to scale created by CASE at Duke.
- Virtual Meetings Untangled: Planning, Facilitating, Engaging Board Members
by Ellen Hirzy, free via BoardSource.
Other Cool Stuff
- Candid’s Online Library
Register for a free account and borrow ebooks and audiobooks of interest to the nonprofit sector.
- LinkedIn Learning via Durham County Library
Professional training at your fingertips via LinkedIn and your Durham County Library membership.
Page image, top: Durham Central Park, photo credit: Discover Durham.